Friday, January 2, 2009 . 10:04 PM
Met up with Puey Yee and Alvin yesterday;we make it a pact to gather every six months haha. Lunch with them was hilarious,ate bbq and just realised that we're all terrible cooks!Everything we ate was almost charred and we just took everything from the shelf until we saw this sign,"$5.00 for every 100g of leftover food."
PY and I went "oh crap" and guess what happened?As if on cue,Alvin came back with 2 bowls of noodles and one whole plate of rice and he went"actually,I dunno why I took the rice leh."In the end he sneakily put the bowl of noodles back on the shelf(we forced him to,wahaha).What about the whole plate of rice?Well,due to a sudden urge of doing an experiment,We dumped the rice into the pan and started cooking egg fried rice.It tasted burnt and the pork wasn't even cooked,we're officially the worst cooks in Singapore,hahaha.
We walked around Marina Square after lunch and came to this really cool shop which sells all kinds of home decorations. Saw this really cute and small leather arm chair,like those during Elvis Presley's time,I was like,"wow!So cute,can buy for Kaye,"until I saw the price tag,"$172.00"It's the same price as a normal chair!Oh, and they were also selling a photo frame for 36 bucks,seriously,who would buy such an expensive photo frame?Those in Ikea cost 5 dollars and they look equally stylish.In the end we left the shop empty handed and guess what?We're not the only one,haha
