Tuesday, February 10, 2009 . 2:56 PM
I'm in a serious dilemma,why am I the one who always gets the tough decisions to make?Why didn't I just enter a JC and be in orientation camps like my friends are now?It's certainly much better than staying at home with the piano or computer facing you. Mum's been trying to get me to work at Auntie's workplace. Her reason?"You won't spend your time sitting at home doing nothing,and you can use the money to buy your own violin."She's quite wrong on the first part. Because I'm kind of desperate to do something useful,I've actually worked on my music theory,which is no mean feat when you are super lousy at it,like me. I don't understand why consecutive 5ths and 8ths are unacceptable and why only the 3rd and 1st note could be doubled. Why can't we just write music freely without having to follow all these obligations?
Anyways, while friends are enjoying JC life,I have to make a choice between 2 poly courses,which is quite a good thing since it's better to have more choices than none right?But I wanted to do something related to music and that's where the problem starts. One of the courses is music related while the other isn't.Unfortunately, I have to be realistic and with the music-related diploma,it's difficult to get a stable job in Singapore.
I'm really tired of choosing the course,maybe I'll just toss a coin and hope for the best.
