Saturday, June 27, 2009 . 5:55 PM
Thought I should start a new post. Went to Ancient Civilization Museum, the only museum which I've been to in Singapore. I had always wanted to go see the Kangxi exhibition they're having now(Tomorrow's the last day) but didn't have the time with all the assignments and exams. Finally, was able to go with family yesterday, I kept pestering my dad since he was too lazy to set a date to go,hahaha.The exhibit was AWESOME. Everything was shipped from the Forbidden City, some were replicas, while others were real. Saw the Emperor's seal,it's made of jade and real pretty. Then I saw the Empress's seal,omg,it's like, 3/4 bigger than the Emperor's!Hahaha.
Came across this huge painting,it's supposed to be 80 metres long, but they only showed 10 metres of it. And you know what it's showing? It was depicting a birthday celebration of Kangxi. Seriously, it could compete with the Mona Lisa and win hands down. The painting's so detailed!
Speaking of detail, Olden days' ppl's handwriting were real neat. Like,it was printed or something! I think my handwriting looks like shit now after I've seen their writing.
Apparently Kangxi's in very good terms with the western world. I saw this HUGE protractor given to him by dunno-who.It's HUGE,like, 10 times the normal size of our protractor now. Then there's this series of books. THE WHOLE TRIGONOMETRY FORMULAS + MULTIPLICATION TABLES ARE IN THERE. Serious. Funny thing was, they're all in CHINESE. LOL, just that olden days they don't call it log,ln,cos,sin & tan, they just write it in CHINESE. I was damn fascinated by that display,hahahaha.
If they bring Qing Shi Huang's stuff next time, I'll confirm go see,haha.
Oh, btw, the queue was damn long after I came out of the exhibit, because after 5pm=FREE ADMISSION. Typical Singaporeans. I came exactly at 5pm.LOL
Another interesting thing, Kangxi plays the Shamisen. FYI, the shamisen's a japanese musical instrument, I have no idea what's it doing in China.
