<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6187585163807030689?origin\x3dhttp://gracielhm.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, July 25, 2009 . 2:12 PM

Didn't go for Speech Day yesterday, instead went to Yundi Li's concert with Ayun and Yinliang. AYUN FORGOT HER TICKET! *applauds*. We were halfway through Buona Vista when I started talking about the tickets, I thought she was kidding when she said she forgot to bring it. Hahahaha, we ended up taking the train back to Clementi to get her ticket and then cab to Marina Square. AWESOME TECK YUN!! LOL!

Reached Esplanade a lil early so went to the library for a while, saw the Tchaikovsky Piano Concerto No.1 Score for Four Hands, it still looks impossible to play, just like Hungarian Rhapsody and Rachmaninoff's Concerto. Yinliang showed me the score for Liszt's 30min sonata, omg, I think I should just take a picture and set it as my wallpaper, the notes are all in running demisemiquavers....I think I should just give up on LTCL, hahaha

Concert was delayed 'cause people were still happily strolling in, but anyway, SSO started playing Goldmark's "Rustic Wedding Symphony". Thought the melody was quite nice, but saw quite a few people dosing off, and Ayun kept telling me about Yundi Li, hai yo...Lol. After that was 20 minutes intermission break, walao, so long, haha. Yundi Li played on a Steinway!!! Hahaha, of course la, he's such a high profile pianist, can't possibly let him play on a Yamaha Grand right, Yamaha Grands are great, but Steinway's better, hee XP Anyway, after intermission, Yundi Li finally came out, and I(and ah liang I think) burst out laughing. Hahaha, he looked real real real different from what I saw on TV(well, mostly youtube)! Different. DIFFERENT. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Can't help laughing when I think back to that scenerio. Oh well. 

Finally, after weeks of waiting and a blardy long 20 minute intermission, he started playing. OMG, he's just damn good! I was just stunned throughout the whole Tchaikovsky Concerto. He controls the Steinway real well, something which ain't easy to do. He plays with so much energy and feeling that I can hear the keys going "tak tak tak" whenever he plays! Oh, saw that his fingers can stretch from an Eflat to a high G and there's still enough length to stretch further. Hearing the concerto live is totally different from tv, no matter how good the sound quality is, haha.Oh, and no one was sleeping now, unlike the previous symphony, lol. 

Yundi Li played an encore, but have no idea what song it was, hiaz...

OHOH, there was this elderly man who kept coughing and clearing his phlegm, you know, like those elderly men in void decks? Some more he kept doing that at the most exciting parts of the song, wa lao......


Tchaikovsky's Concerto 3rd Mov reminds me of Harry Potter...



Harry Potter copycat Concerto No.1 and La Campanella!!!!